Please submit applications by February 28, 2017
The Program Services YMCA Branch in Austin, TX is seeking Bilingual Preschool Facilitator Interns to join our team. We are looking for applicants that can intern on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30am-11:30am at Houston Elementary, or Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30am-11:30am at Govalle Elementary.
Interns would lead twice weekly sessions and would create models and implement program curriculum for adult caregivers and children. The spring semester program runs January through May. Staff must be able to motivate and connect with all program participants.
Paid Internship: $10 - $15 /hr (dependent on experience and certifications)
- Applicant must have understanding and background in child development
- Child care experience, especially infant & early childhood
- Curriculum planning experience, preferred but not required
- Must commit to a full semesters of work with the ELR program
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience or training in how to facilitate groups
- Strong communication and group facilitation skills
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Reliable transportation
- Must pass two criminal background checks
- Applicants must be interested in contributing to our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
- CPR, First Aid
- Child Abuse Sexual Prevention
- Bloodborne Pathogens (trainings provided after hiring)
- Paid training hours
- Free CPR / FA certifications
- Steady weekly hours: 6 hours/week
- Individual membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value)
- Voluntary 403b Retirement Account